Barbacane, Thornton & Company is proud to contribute to the role of not-for-profit organizations in our communities. We perform valuable services that assist in their financial stability and reputation. Our firm has service teams dedicated to serving the needs of not-for-profit organizations. Our goal is to help you achieve your mission through the quality of our professional advice.
We serve a variety of organizations across the not-for-profit spectrum: social service organizations, educational services, health and human service organizations, foundations, civic and social organizations, faith-based organizations, cultural arts, membership organizations, and philanthropic organizations
Our Nonprofit Services Include:
- Audits, Reviews & Compilations
- Circular A-133 Federal Reporting and Consulting
- 403(b) Audits
- Tax Compliance & Planning
- Internal controls and systems evaluations
- Federal and State Return Information
- Unrelated Business Income Tax Planning (UBIT)
- Fraud systems to protect against internal fraud
If you’re starting a new not-for-profit organization, we can help you prepare your organization’s 501 (c)(3) application for tax-exempt status.
Nonprofit Clients That We Serve:
- Community, Economic Development organizations
- Environmental and Conservation organizations
- Health and Human Services Agencies
- Arts and Culture organizations
- Volunteer Fire Departments
We are happy to prepare any of these items if you need help.
Let us help you set up and/or maintain your non-profit tax-exempt status by requesting a Free Consultation below.